Old 09-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #27
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Exactly.This goes for gaming in general and it's been this way for a long time.

APF2k8 was designed for online only.Shooting games like Call of Duty and Gears of War got more and more this way with each release with shorter single player campaigns.

The offline gamer has to take what he gets these days.Most of us are older gamers so it may be disheartening but there's no going back.
I agree. The last 2 console generations games in general have been headed to online focus. You get some console exclusive AAA games that give you a deep campaign mode. But most games nowadays campaign modes are 3-4 hours with a heavy focus to online. I never been a online gamer. I miss the PS2/Xbox days before online became big. Thats when offline was the major focus. If certain games were remastered from that gen, I would buy in an instant. But last several years, I haven't bought games. Last game, I bought at full price was GTA 5 5 years ago. Non-Sports games I just Gamefly them. As a offline gamer, after I beat campaign mode once, I'm done with it so I'm not wasting $65. Only game I buy is 2k and last couple years I waited until it went on sale for $31.
I haven't wanted to buy Madden these past 2 generations. It has gotten better last 4 years where I would rent them for a long time. But, there still isn't enough for the offline gamer. CFM was made so offline and online could be worked on seamlessly. But CFM has been so shallow and simplified. Where if you are playing with friends, you can overlook a lot of things. Say what you want about 2k, but they at least put a heavy focus on MyLeague early in generation. They haven't update MyLeague much last 2-3 years, but the mode is so deep that there haven't been major complaints. It's not fun playing against CPU in Franchise. CPU has no strategy when it comes to playcalling and roster moves. It is so easy to advantage of CPU in franchise.

Which has me thinking about next gen. With more powerful hardware, it has me thinking about the possibilities of where Madden can go. Improved graphics, better AI, better game engine/animations, and more depth in modes. I just hope it isn't more of the same. I can see Madden(and others) trying to show power of new consoles by putting a heavy focus on graphics/visuals and neglecting everything else. I can care less about photo realistic games if it doesn't have good gameplay. I can still go back to APF time to time just because of how smooth gameplay is. From the Line interaction, pass motions/mechanics, matchup matters.