Old 09-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #25
Aestis
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic speed threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeye
The way I determined ~75 to be the most realistic threshold was to take a WR,TE, and OT and set their height to 6'2". I turned the OT into a HB and went to practice mode.With all 3 positions I would hand the ball off or throw it to them and then jog to the 40 yard line. Then I would pause for a second and Sprint to the endzone. I recorded usually 2 40's per position every time I tested a new threshold. I started trying to hand time the 40s but then I realized I could look at the timestamp on the recording to get it as accurate as possible. I usually gave myself a margin of error of like 0.1 or so.

At default 50 the 90 speed 90 acc WR would run a 3.8. The 80 speed 80 acc TE runs around a 4.2/4.3 and the 68 speed 79 acc OT a 5.6. At 75 it's more like 4.3, 4.5, and 5.0.

Going higher than 75 causes the OT to become faster in comparison to the WR geting slower. I was trying to get the WR around a 4.4/5 but the closer I got the OT was at like 4.8. I might try to look at it more but I'm pretty set on 74-76 as the sweet spot.

I ran a similar test after benchmarking avg 40 times of WR & OL positions (based on 10 yrs of draft data) to ratings (avg WR 40 time came out to exactly 90 spd so good job Madden devs on that one).

From there I timed different 40-yd runs across different thresholds.

I concluded 75-80 was the sweet spot for realistic speeds.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove