View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 01:33 AM   #4
ILLSmak
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Any 6'11 Centers here?

my real 2 years old hot take:

it depends on what you wanna do. I don't imagine the big man game has changed much since 18 (in terms of height OP, but if it has, disregard.) I really enjoyed my 6'11 shot creating post scorer. Tho I did miss having silver poster (which I got later on a defending/post.) It really depends on how you wanna score. If you can score away from the basket then probably. I'm not really a stretch type player, but that dude could hit 3s a little. I'd never make a shooting big in 2k.

Mainly, I didn't feel like anything was really off except rebounding, which is obviously super important. If you can still win and feel comfortable enough to give up a bunch of offensive rebounds (hopefully while being in position to stop them from going right back up, and your team can stop the kick out 3), you can do OK. But that is the biggest limitation. I never had a big problem getting blocks, steals, scoring etc. It's definitely 'easier' to just lay up when you are 7'3, but certain builds... like shot creating post scorer, I think, might be better as 6'11. Now, is it fit for competitive play where the big meta IS rebounder, do you wanna play with dudes who aren't gonna rage if you get killed on the boards despite being a better rebounder than the opponent... probably not. And did I low key enjoy it when they slotted me at PF? Sure, haha. I'd even play SF and do work.

6'11 isn't so small that you can't do anything. I made a 6'8 or 6'7 pf as a joke in 2k. THAT was garbage. But it's definitely a huge disadvantage. You'd think if you can spray from mid/high post tho that you might be able to get in those 7'3 dudes heads a bit.

-Smak