Old 09-19-2019, 07:57 AM   #3
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Can we talk about man coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Man coverage is just fine so long as you make intelligent use of press and shading. If you try to play M2M without it of course you will get carved up. A real life NFL team would have the same experience.

For someone who admits they don't play M20 you sure do like to make a lot of definitive statements about how the game functions.
I have played this franchise going back to the SNES, an have a long history of how it works, including time spent with the dev team.

I find it funny how people claim each game is nothing but a roster update in one thread and then say how different it is in another thread. Which is it?

Man coverage has "rules" by coaches on how to play it. Madden follows some while not following others. It does not have the layers of depth that you find in the college or professional game, and if you think it does, then you are ignorant of higher level football. The game plays like high school ball, and not even high level ball you find in Texas, Cali, Florida and so forth.

Nothing in your reply addressed my points about the likes of Banjo coverage and how linebackers cover threats within the box. WR/CB coverage is done quite well, as I said, yet was the only point you tried to address with mentions of shading and press.

Last edited by PGaither84; 09-19-2019 at 12:26 PM.