View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 05:23 PM   #20
edgevoice
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Can we talk about man coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
I see nothing wrong with the OP. There are some issues with man.. it’s also Overpowered too to some extent lol. Ima zone guy because I’m a Bears fan and I remember the T2 under Smith and Marinelli.. that’s my style anyway. While I believe in press man.. I deviate from it.. however it has some perks. On the flip side I’ve noticed that shading argument you had and I’ve seen the DBs automatically align in 2 man under to take the inside away. Plain and simple, certain routes just beat certain coverages and I think once everybody realizes that, the better the community will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When in Man Under and 2 Deep Safeties, I manually assign inside and underneath leverage. I am trying to stop sticks-curls etc and am not worried about 9 routes, since I have help over the top. I understand that this can still be somewhat risky.

When playing Cover 1 Press with a Robber or Hole Defender, I manually assign outside and over the top leverage, since I have zone help in the middle. If you do this, you will not activate a press animation. If you have a slow corner up against a fast receiver with good release and deep route running ratings, you will still get beat. However, playing over the top will make you vulnerable on curls, comebacks, etc.

I've noticed man coverage playing a bit looser since today's patch. I may have to change up some of my leverages after I put in some more time with the update.