Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
They removed so many little things...

Refs

An actual “hurry up”

Infield injury animations (now they all just take a knee no matter what injury they have if the camera happens to show them)

Game speed options (which did nothing as far as fixing the issues they claim the removal was for)

I really wonder just how bad the foundation of this game is if they have to remove things in this game just to add other features. They definitely should not be pushing their limits with these consoles. They must’ve made so missteps in the beginning of production that they likely will need to start over again next gen.

But also, X factor is really not a CFM feature to me. It seems more catered to arcade play, at least most of the game changing X Factors do. I don’t need guys like Khalil Mack getting 2 or 3 sacks and THEN he gets even harder to stop so now he can get the next 4 or 5 sacks even more easily because of some charged up X Factor lol. It’s completely unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I was one of the people that said madden needed player tendencies/player styles/ability system like apf 2k8 does, and I still feel that way. The problem with madden 20's x factors is exactly what you mentioned, they are cheesy and unrealistic.

I realized this immediately when I was watching some random youtube clip of some guy breaking a bunch of highlight, once a year type long runs with Barkley(giants rb) to 'get in the zone'. The way it's set up in apf 2k8 is a lot more natural and realistic, and in the flow of the game.

But in madden 20, it's a poor implementation that only highlights the bad gameplay, and makes it even more unrealistic. I don't like the way ea went about this. Personally, I feel that if the player ratings translated into the on the field gameplay better then maybe a system like this wouldn't even be needed.