View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 07:00 AM   #120
pkloehn
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CFM Scouting Tool

Updating just the core tool without touching the OVR and Skill Specific calcs doesn't appear to be too difficult. I've added the new Defensive Schemes to Nathan's spreadsheet tool for my own use.

The offensive schemes involve a bit more work, as the new Offensive Archetypes don't map 1:1 back to the Madden 19 Archetypes, or at least I haven't seen data that shows this.

Personally, I wouldn't touch any of the calcs. The scouting still holds up in M20 for me, and all I'm interested in is the Scheme Fits and a relative evaluation of the player against the mean talent pool, which the M19 version does.

If I had the information below, I would be willing to make an attempt at an update of the 7.1 Excel template.

The work that would need to be done to add the new offensive Archetypes is:
1. Modify the lookup values across the entire Lookups workbook consistently (number of archetypes has not changed, just the names). This step is simply updating A1:U5 of the Lookups and the other named ranges in the workbook.
2. Update the A8:A71 name of the archetype (must be consistent through the sheet.
3. For each new Archetype find % weighting of each attribute and update in A7:BE71.
4. Update the POS Tiers Lower (A7:A374), POS Tier Mid (A377:A677), POStier Upper (A680:A980), POS Tier Lowers (A983:A1283) with value from #2.
5. Update the O Sheme lookup with both new Schemes and Archetypes.
6. Update POSArch (A1531:A1594) with the consistent name.
7. Update Archetype Scheme Fits (A1818:V1881) with Archetype variables.