View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
coach422001
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Why PES2020 is not all that great

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbonote
Basically it is PES 2019 with all its flaws plus a nicer broadcast camera and a few nice cut scenes in ML. Its the issues that make PES unplayable. To me, it's nowhere near as good as everybody makes it out to be. Totally overrated. After playing more than 50 games, I've come to some conclusions:

1. The field is HUGE...players are of the scale of under 8's Saturday morning football. This makes gameplay more reminiscent of women's football rather than men's pro football with the amount of space and tiny players. Major flaw that I'm having a hard time overcoming. Passing and moving just feels so laborious and not fluid due to the vast distances it feels these miniature men must cover to make things happen.

2. Team structure of 90% of teams is not realistic. Defensive lines are too deep and too far apart from attacking lines. Modern football has a much more compact setup with a teams defensive line to attack line no more than 30-40m apart. FIFA does this much better.

3. Players still run away from loose balls....inherent PES problem since as far as i can remember. Not good enough to not have addressed this situation yet with an apparent massive overhaul.

4. Player switching when defending is still a nightmare and no better than the problems in switching since 2017

5. Online play is a nightmare....no improvement

6. Night games look pixilated and of poor graphic quality. Grass looks ****e

7. Players still look last gen blocky

8. Commentary = yuck
Interestingly, much of this would have been my review of Fifa19
Advertisements - Register to remove