View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 06:16 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Why PES2020 is not all that great

Quote:
1. The field is HUGE...players are of the scale of under 8's Saturday morning football. This makes gameplay more reminiscent of women's football rather than men's pro football with the amount of space and tiny players. Major flaw that I'm having a hard time overcoming. Passing and moving just feels so laborious and not fluid due to the vast distances it feels these miniature men must cover to make things happen.
I think that's camera relative. I had to zoom in the new default camera some because near the top of the screen the players were too small for my liking.

Quote:
2. Team structure of 90% of teams is not realistic. Defensive lines are too deep and too far apart from attacking lines. Modern football has a much more compact setup with a teams defensive line to attack line no more than 30-40m apart. FIFA does this much better.
Agreed. Formations are too spread out. Hopefully the new patch takes of this.

Quote:
3. Players still run away from loose balls....inherent PES problem since as far as i can remember. Not good enough to not have addressed this situation yet with an apparent massive overhaul.
Agreed, especially on zero-assist passing where passes go wayward and certain players lock on that might not be the closest player to the ball. It was mentioned in the upcoming patch notes so here's to that.

Quote:
4. Player switching when defending is still a nightmare and no better than the problems in switching since 2017
I haven't had any issues personally but I've seen some people struggle. I've been fooling with the next player icon thing and it takes some getting used to but it helps.

Quote:
5. Online play is a nightmare....no improvement
I've played a bunch of games online and haven't had any issues. Friends, random demo matches, and even before the game went live. Had no real lag apart from the usual lag I have when I play online.

Quote:
6. Night games look pixilated and of poor graphic quality. Grass looks ****e
i thought the grass in the demo looked bad but that's always scaled down to keep the demo file size down.

Quote:
7. Players still look last gen blocky
FIFA definitely has much better player models.

Quote:
8. Commentary = yuck
[/quote]

Yeah it sucks. They need to give us custom chant slots back like they did on the PS3.