View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 12:26 PM   #405
tommycoa
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
I dont think anything in the last 2 patches has had much of an effect on our games, fortunately. Hence why I dont think too many of us that follow this thread have had much cause to complain or deviate from the OP settings. For me, once we nailed down penalty frequency and found a balance, we haven't had to change much.

But with the running backs, there are certain teams that are pass heavy and really dont use their backs that often. I'm thinking Tampa, Jets, Colts, Dolphins. Maybe some others too. This might be their playbooks at work and the head coach who's book they play off of. Aside from the Jets, those teams dont have an outstanding back to get yardage from, so I have to wonder if this is the CPU compensating for not having a big gainer to play with. The Jets is a tougher one to explain. Bell had a great game (even though they lost) in the last match they played but it was the first time in my Franchise this season that they'd given him much to play with. To give you an idea, at week 6 with no injuries, he had 116 yards total off of 20 or so carries in 5 matches (bye week). Gordon at the Chargers had 560+ yards in 6 matches in over 100 carries. The Jets just weren't using Bell. I can understand that if you dont have a franchise back, like the Bucs or Dolphins, but if you're paying for Leveon Bell, you think you'd want to incorporate that into your play.

And yes, I've been playing 10 minute quarters since week 7 started, which I'm about halfway through now. Rather than moving sliders, I just figured I'd increase match length to give the teams a little opportunity to make gains, more QB's throwing 400 yard games, or at least having the opportunity to. I haven't seen a 400 yard game since week 3. In week 4 Brady threw 379 against Buffalo in a 9 min quarter game, Luck just threw a 376 yarder in 10 minute quarters just yesterday against Jacksonville. But still getting 200 yarders also, so it's not had a huge impact, just a little longer to potentially make it, rather than force it.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app

Good stuff as usual. Nice to have a list with problem teams. We can probably just give them another playbook/scheme, and it’ll fix things. Should be easy. And just stay away from those playbooks. For what it’s worth, I also think it’s the teams that have the scheme for running backs set to receiving backs that causes this problem. May have to avoid those schemes that require recieving backs.

Was looking at boxscores from other sliders and noticed the play counts were in the 130-150 range. Just wondering if you’re seeing 108-122 plays a game with these and current sliders. In one boxscore, there was 99 passes/3 sacks/48 runs. Wasn’t seeing problems with this on version 1.13 with these sliders. Wondering if this is the patch or just somebody else’s sliders? The boxscores i seen looked more like college ball boxscores. The play count and high offense.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 10-03-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove