View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 05:45 AM   #1
Smirkin Dirk
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Xbox 1 sim roster ready to go

I've done a roster the past few years that I consider a 'plug and play' roster. Basically, I spend 2-4 weeks on it, I don't look for exact ratings and tendencies (just pretty close to sim) because I want to play as much as I can and not be stuck in editing screens.

My process is using the NBA.com stats page to scale shot location data and accuracy, and the other stats. Im an NBA junkie who watches at least 2 games a night, so lots comes from personal knowledge aswell.

Ill go over the strengths and weaknesses of my roster, and you're free to download or wait for a better one.

What I've done

Sig shots. I scour the threads for the best (Woody, Delly, fc155 and others) and they're in there.

Ratings and tendencies. I iron out the 'rough edges'. You won't see Simmons pulling up from 20 feet and that kind of thing. I've had some fantastic games. The Rockets attempted 49 3s on, including lots out of pick and roll to corners. Im getting the right bigs to pop out. There are lots of errors in the tendencies and Ive fixed them. Bumping the dish to open man by 20 across the league gets some nice drive and kick.

Badges. Ive edited these for every team. Again, there were a fair few errors and my edits will reflect how players play.

Play types. These were edited to get rid of bizarre choices (why was Sabonis given 3 pt plays?) and optimised to bring out players strengths. e.g. I gave Harden and Russ 3 types of PnR and iso, and took away their off screen 3 point plays. I got rid of all mid range stuff and tried to bring out the pick and roll flavour of the league

Plays. Czar did the hard work here for 28 of the teams (poor Cleveland). I added some plays where there was a lack to match up play types (mainly guard post ups for some teams). To be more specific, I added 4-5 plays to about 5 different teams. I didn't scout them, but these plays has some nice motion.

Rotations. All done. I gave players the spread of minutes I think they'll get. I didn't bother with taking players out exactly when they get taken out. I included lots of line ups I think will be hard to defend (eg. Zion/Giannis at the 5 surrounded by shooters), paired nice duos (Lou/Trez, Trae/Collins) and staggered starters (Houston and Portland will always have at least 1 of their stars on the floor).

Offensive tempo. fast teams play fast, slow teams play slow.

What I didn't do

I've only tested about half the teams. My litmus test is Houston (they're always a nightmare to get them to play right) and Ive got them playing nicely.

The bottom 3-4 players on each roster. I barely put any time in to them. Injuries are pretty rare so it's never been a major issue.

Contracts. I didn't touch them.

Accessories and shoes. I only touched a few (mainly Dallas players). Although I gave Harden, Paul and Lebron their short shorts.

Progression sliders. I'm not designing this to be a 10 season thing. Its to get a year or 3 out of the current players. Once the created players come in, Im sure everything will be out of whack.

In terms of sim sliders, I dropped pace to 42, attempted 3s to 15, and lowered field goal conversion of all shots except 3s to 40.

In terms of gameplay sliders, go with your own (its not one size fits all). But drop inside and close tendencies to 15, attack basket to 35 and shoot 3s to 85. Increase dunk in traffic tendency to 75 for both teams. Per alabama rob, drop all rebounding attributes to 15.

Feel free to leave any feedback, or accuse me of overrating Dallas players (Tim Hardaway Jnr is a 79).

Search by gamer tag: Smirkin Dirk

Last edited by Smirkin Dirk; 10-04-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove