View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 01:16 PM   #4
Al_Tito13
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Momentum / inertia / flat footing defenders

He wanted skating momentum to be more important and wanted to see more flat footed defensemen. So…

Player Acceleration, Skating Speed and Skating Agility affect all players on the ice. On the other hand, Puck Carrier Agility and Puck Carrier Skating are used to lower these aspects for the puck carrier only, meaning that with both these sliders at 100, players with and without the puck will be exactly the same.

What I suggested him was to lower Player Acceleration (ability to accelerate from a stand still position) and Skating Agility (ability to turn). At the same time, I suggested him to increase Puck Carrier Skating to minimize the difference between player with the puck compared to those without it.

It will eventually do what he wants, only a matter of gauging how much he wants it to be prominent. Going by 5 clicks at a time until you find the good spot for you seems like the ideal way to go.

As for grittier play, board play and checks/bumps, the two most important sliders for me are Stumble Threshold and Incidental Contact Effect. Increasing these two sliders will definitely improve the physical aspect of the game and also help breaking the kind of bubble surrounding the puck carrier, which sometimes would make him simply bounce through checks and be able to continue like nothing happened. That's something I hate and these sliders help a lot in that matter.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-06-2019 at 01:29 PM.