Old 10-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #7
sniperhare
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Minshew vs. Mayfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Arguing over ratings is pretty pointless.

Sorry but hype is part of it. You're trying to make ratings a totally objective process... you are essentially arguing "who is better." Stats do not always tell the entire point.

And let's say the ratings guy buys your argument and say "yeah, Minshew should be higher than Mayfield" then we would be complaining that he received a 20 point jump.

Don't know what to tell you. It's not a perfect system and no matter how hard you argue Player A should be rated higher than Player B, someone will be able to counter it.

I disagree completely.

The ratings are supposed to allow the players to play in the game, like they do in real life.

It has nothing to do with who is more famous, or who has more commercials.

If you played a game of Madden, Mayfield would play outstanding, and Minshew would suck.

That is easily fixed, adjust the ratings so they play like they do in real life. That's supposed to be EA's responsibility.

I don't care if they hide the ratings, the point of them is to just show comparisons between players.

When they give advantages to players, like how Jackson gets the ability to move at running speed in the pocket, and Minshew plods around despite how he actually plays, it's an issue.

I like the idea of highlight abilities to further differentiate the best in the league.

But they're just not being consistent with them.