Old 10-11-2019, 03:09 PM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA Draft 2020

15 points on 4-15 FG, 1-6 3PT, 6-8 FT
7 dimes, 4 TO, 2, reb 2 stl

I imagine LaMelo will be one of the most controversial prospects this year. Probably not Cam Reddish level though.
  • His shot looks better, especially his footwork. His footwork used to be awful and he was off-balanced and had his feet set at odd/different widths. His shoulders are more square to the rim now. He keeps his elbow out still but I'm okay with that. Overall his jumper looks smooth. Still, from what I read was dreadful from the outside.
  • His athleticism still concerns me. He's not an explosive leaper and like Lonzo he's not all that quick with the ball and doesn't have a great change of direction. I think he may be less quick than Lonzo. He obviously needs to get stronger but so does nearly every prospect.
  • He does have a savviness to his game and already plays with a good pace. Like Lonzo, he's unselfish and looks to get teammates involved. Good vision and passing instincts.
  • I'm not surprised to see we didn't get a single defensive highlight. I need to see some tape on that end of the floor. He has a reputation of being extremely lazy, especially off the ball. Lonzo at least always gave effort at UCLA and has turned into a pretty good defender in the NBA.
  • He seems to be maturing a bit and hopefully losing the bad habits he displayed in the US.

As of now--without having seen any of the rest of the prospects--he strikes me as a mid lottery guy.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 10-11-2019 at 03:11 PM.