View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 07:41 AM   #45
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Would you be interested in 2K football returning with no NFL license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Ok after playing APF 2K8 for the first time, I completely change my mind.

Give me a generic game with the ability to customize teams like APF does and a logo editor.

Throw me in a good franchise mode, generic version of NFL 2K5 is good enough for me.

I’d pay $99.99 for this type of game honestly if it had the 2K football feel.
I can still stop and play APF from time to time. From a gameplay perspective, I still feel it is unmatched. From QB animations, Route Running, Line Interactions, to matchups matters, the game play is so smooth and fun. The one thing I like is that you don't need Speed to be dominant. I built teams without having a Speed Burner and still had no problem scoring or shutting down passing attacks.
For us to get a good generic game like that, qe would need a major company like 2k or Sony to be willing to make it. Honestly we won't get that type of game from a indie company because of lack of resources. But major sports company's knows that generic games doesn't sell. So if they can find a way to make a profit, I think they would be. It would allow a lot more customization cost of development would be cheaper and less resource saving, not having to worry about Licenses and likenesses.
Thats why I miss the 6th generation where we had several gaming companies making sports games, now we are down to EA, 2k, and Sony. Miss having so many sports games to choose from
Advertisements - Register to remove