View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 11:30 PM   #8
questforsliders
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu vs cpu sliders

I've had some success with this recently and I would like to share (and have more folks test if they would be so kind, as game length leads to small sample size).

I'll preface that this is a league of entirely fictional players (simmed until all original players retired) and that I did have to use Finn's editor to reduce the Catch stat of all defensive players by 50%. 8 minute quarters do a good job of replicating the number of plays run in the modern game.

CPU blocking 8
Passing 24
Running 32
Catching 40
Coverage 0
Pursuit 0
Tackling 0
Kicking 20
Fatigue 8
Injury 20
Fumble 24
Interception 0

Some of the performances produced:
QB1 (ovr 77) 17-28 (61%), 205 yds, 2 td, 0 int, 7.3 ypa, 1 sack

QB2 (ovr 84) 25-44 (57%), 345 yds, 2 td, 1 int, 7.8 ypa, 1 sack
QB3 (ovr 78) 13-32 (41%), 157 yds, 1 td, 2 int, 4.9 ypa, 3 sacks
QB4 (ovr 82) 19-32 (59%), 255 yds, 1 td, 1 int, 8.0 ypa, 1 sack

Some theory:
Interception slider seems to impact interception rate negligibly.

Passing being too high seems to increase INT rate. I think too much precision leads to more throws directly into the DB coverage lanes. At 0, though, I was seeing completion rates hover in the low 40s. I'm not exactly sure where the sweet spot is.

YPA may be inflated. In the modern game, 7+ YPA is the realm of the top QBs alone, not the average ones. More sample size is needed. If it's a problem, my first attempt to fix it would be to modestly increase Pursuit to see if it would cut back on YAC.

Tangentially, running may need to be increased to 40. I saw some 95+ ovr backs held to <3.5 ypc. Then again I also saw an 80 ovr go for 9.5. Many variables and small sample size. I hesitate to increase blocking because it may reduce pressure/sacks too much.

Also the AI will nearly always attempt low percentage passes at end of half/game, no matter how dire their position, and this leads to elevated INT and decreased completion % overall.

I hope you guys will try these out and add to our data.