View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 08:56 AM   #7
rjohns23
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K21 to be dual disk

Let me put my Six Sigma hat on lol.... let's first ask... Is 2k capable of creating a real SIM basketball game? Meaning it emulates exactly how a game plays in real life?.. I'm not so sure.

Because the main thing about sim is RANDOMNESS. Meaning there will be a lot of things happening that will be out of the user's control such as (traveling, errant passes, hooking charges, point blanked missed layups, players having off nights, refs calling it tight/loose, etc...)

Now me personally, I would love the act of randomness. But I dont believe majority of people, even those that want a sim experience would really want this. Case in point, everyone tries to tweak the sliders to get each game played to get "average" team stats...that's not realistic. For sim basketball you will have outliers in some games (one game CPU has 7 TO, next game 22).

We may be a couple of years away from a really true sim experience. Because the game has to factor in the human element. But I think 2k is on the right track (trending in a positive direction to have a game with true sim basketball).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk