View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 09:15 PM   #876
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

OK, for out of box Madden (PS4....I cannot speak to the other system).

1. You MUST have the disc version of the game (I literally purchased it this weekend at Gamestop on sale for 40 bucks).
2. After uninstalling the game, I strongly suggest going into your PS4 console, go to Settings/System/Automatic Downloads. Toggle off the Application Update Files. This will disable the PS4 from auto-downloading patches every time you turn the network back on.
3. Go to your PS4 Application Saved Data Management Screen (again, within the settings menu). Delete the profile.
4. In the settings menu, do to network and turn it off.
5. Pop in the disc and reinstall the game.
6. Keeping the network off, start game as normal.

Each time you want to start the game:
1. Turn off the network.
2. Start the game.
3. Play as much as you want, then you can shut it off and re-enable network access if you disabled auto-downloads.

If you wish to stream this version from your PS4. Follow this order.
1. Turn off the network.
2. Start the game.
3. Once you are in the main menu (past where it loads everything), hit your PS4 button. Navigate over to the network settings and re-enable it. NOTE: this WILL restart the update as you're in-game (irrespective of your auto-download setting). You will need to manually cancel it. After that, just navigate back to the game app.

Big note here: you will not be able to continue any franchises from later versions of the game (I also doubt that previously downloaded rosters or draft classes will work because of abilities having been added throughout the patches). I personally backed-up my Miami franchise on my PS+ cloud save so I can access it should I decide to install a later patch.

Also, for those unable to acquire the disc copy of the game to revert, I'm sorry. I feel like I am abandoning you guys, but as much of a blast as I've had....the gameplay keeps trending the wrong way and I need a change (how permanent it is is TBD). I may find that OOTB has a major franchise mode flaw that prompts me back. But given how well the OP has played OOTB, I think the fundamental principles of this set are true across any version. Stick with it and if needed, bump it up to AM.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-20-2019 at 09:23 PM.