Old 10-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #608
DWade4Life
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Game is stuttering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWade4Life
Hey All,

Came across this thread since I thought I was the only one having issues. My PS4 Pro is the latest CUH-7200 model and TV is LG C7 model. Not sure how many steps you all took but so far this is my issue and what I have done and might do

Problems
- 2K Camera creates stuttering or not smooth operation. Players run out of bounds or backcourt many times and can't time anything due to latency or lag.
- Issue is with MyTeam Offline and even in Quick play I noticed the same issue.
- Noticed PS4 Pro would get loud during gameplay and would even rattle a little. PS4 is in an open space.

Temp Solution
- Changed camera to High and in some cases it improved game play to run a bit smoother. But results are inconstant as sometimes it would run somewhat smooth and other times choppy.
- Removed HDR display from PS4 also helped a little although my TV is an LG C7 and supports HDR Gaming quite well.

Next Solution to Try
- Going to replace the HDD with an SDD. Since the fan noise was loud and noticed a bit of clicking, maybe its a hardware problem. Plus I heard the SDD was a big upgrade to the standard PS4 Pro HDD

Not sure if you guys tried these steps or if you use an SDD. But hopefully we find some sort of solution.
Hey all, here is an update after installing a new SSD. Mind you, my conditions before with the stock HDD was

- Had PS4 Pro for 2 years. Its the CUH-7300 model
- Fan would get loud when playing NBA 2K20 in gameplay
- Slight clicking if you put your ear close enough to the PS4 Pro during operation
- No high fan noise on other apps
- Stuttering and not smooth gameplay during offline on 2k Camera. Had to use High camera to offset some of the stuttering

I installed the internal SSD and ran the game. Guys, it helped a lot. Following happened

- Fan would get loud but not that loud in comparison
- Game loading much quicker (as expected)
- Gameplay was smooth and quick to response (much less latency). No more lagging on defense and delayed jumping for rebounds
- Still noticed High camera was a little smoother than 2K, but not by much
- Triple threat online which uses 2K camera was SMOOOOTH. Haven't played a smooth game like that this year where my times shots were perfect.

Hope this all helps!