View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 12:58 AM   #83
Steven547
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 20 Sliders

I put CPU strat at 3 and it does help a bit. Something must have changed with the Oct 1st content update. Because the CPU was relentless.

Couple changes I've been tinkering with...

I put HUM tripping to 10 and left CPU at 20. Seems every time I use the poke check, a guy gets tripped.

I also lowered the HUM Penalties to 40 and left CPU at 50. It feels like I'm the only team getting penalties . Now, this could be a weird coincidence, but soon as I made that change, I was awarded 2 power plays in the 1st. It usually takes 3 periods before I can even get 2 power plays in this game. Not sure what, if any, changes were affected. But I definitely started seeing more power plays.

Also, might have to mess with the puck reception. If my guy is skating in and receives a pass, there is a high change the puck ricochets off his stick and usually goes the distance of the ice. They can't seem to retain the puck very well.

UPDATE: I decided to use the above setting tweaks and play against Team Japan using the Central All Stars. I actually had 4 power plays. Not sure if that little setting change did it, but I'll have to play more obviously. However, that is more than I've had in 3 games.

Also, not sure what's going on, but this is the first time in years that I've played Team Japan where I literally destroyed them 19-0 with 86 SOG. In the past, I could reach 12 goals maybe. I held them to 1 SOG and 53s attack time.

It seriously felt like I was playing a bad team. Past times, I would win, but they still put up a fight. So I'm not sure if the latest patch did something like the Oct 1st one did or what. Now to play NHL v NHL and see what happens. And once your roster file drops, should be a good game again!

Last edited by Steven547; 10-26-2019 at 10:49 AM.