View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 07:04 PM   #7
mpklub
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Recently returned to NCAA 10

NCAA 10 was the first version of the game I bought on the Xbox 360. I had been out of gaming for 3 or 4 years altogether and after getting the 360 I was dying to see what next gen (at the time) looked like for NCAA.

At the time I was living in Washington DC in grad school and kind of in a low place in my adult life. So I started a new Dynasty and for the first time ever played as something other than a 1 or 2 star program. I played 5.5 years as Ohio State. Won two national titles and had some great memories in that Dynasty.

* Jamal Berry who flamed out as a big time recruit in real life became an injury prone game breaker for me who would have 2 or 3 huge games in a row then get hurt and miss a few games or whole seasons.

* I ended up benching a national championship winning QB for his backup because the team just played better with the backup in

* I still remember in like year 4 I was on pace to play for the National Title but lost on the road to Wisconsin despite being ranked number 1 or 2. They just blew me out at the start and we never recovered. Final score was 31-21, but it was never close. They were up like 28-7 at one point and I scored late when the game was in hand.

I fired this Dynasty back up last year and finished the remaining half season in the Dynasty. I used the editor to implement the playoff and ended up winning my 3rd national title. It felt like a great place to "end" (or put on hold) the Dynasty. I lost all my big time players to the draft and was basically starting over. Felt like a good finish to the story that Dynasty told.

As for 10 itself, I enjoyed it. It has flaws for sure. But I still believe the atmosphere and presentation is better in a lot of ways. Recruiting is better. If the playbooks were more modern and we could customize conferences like we can in NCAA 12 through 14 I would probably spend more time with it.

I love 10. I know it isnt as popular with folks around here, but that game has a special place in my heart.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app