View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 08:44 PM   #8
Qcsports4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AI impossible games [Franchise]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSedated
And that is a huge problem in games vs. CPU, in my opinion. There are games where nothing works, no receivers open, no runs working, INTs which are very awkward, your own D doing nothing at all. Restart the game and you have a decent game going. Another restart can make the game impossible to win, again. Or somehow the other teams play like they're in middle school and you blow them out of the stadium. Not the slightest bit of consistency. Many times this feels like it doesn't matter how good you play the game, the results are predetermined by a RNG before the Kickoff.

I do understand that there needs to be some kind of predetermination, like homefield advantage on a division game or a team with 3-wins-in-a-row being motivated to get a fiurth win. But it shouldn't be recognizable to this extent.
I know exactly what that is! It happens in nearly every EA Sports game(Madden,NHL especially). I call it the First Game Glitch. It occurs whenever you first turn on the game. The first game you play,it's like the CPU A.I. is playing maxed out. You can't run,passes are always broken up,nothing goes right for you. What I do is play a little part of a a game in play now,quit it then start your franchise/another play now game and the CPU A.I. will play according to how you've set up the sliders.