View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #8
TarHeelPhenom
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Back in the day almost 6 months per cycle. Nowadays I am lucky if I am not sick of a game after 2 weekends. I am strictly an office player and sports games are just not engaging like they used to be. Combined with the fact that game get absolutely butchered by patches to accommodate the online crowd, I just don’t have the stomach for these games anymore

This pretty much sums up where I am. I think the NCAA Football series getting cut short took a lot of the fun of gaming out of me. I pretty much still play NCAA 14 more than any other title...and now as the years go on even that is becoming sporadic. I don't have the same amount of time as I used to being 44 with my wife and family. So, my gaming time has pretty much been cut to weekends at night when everyone is asleep. That's not enough time to really do anything other than play now games.

I've been on a retro binge lately so right now I've dug back into Fight Night Champion and NBA Live 10. I also purchased me an OG XBOX and modded it and bought several of the best sports games from 2004-2007. My goal is to try and get a Dynasty in on MVP NCAA Baseball 06 starting around the holidays when I have a few days off. I also have ESPN College Hoops that I wanna do a Legacy mode in. It's just hit or miss.