View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 07:21 PM   #5
Tuscaloosa
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Any new conference realignment ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfine
This is a pretty cool idea! Any idea of what the conferences looked like at the beginning of the dynasty? Are there any instances where you need to move one team from the P/M ladder to the C ladder, for example? Also, how does your national championship work? Regular format, 4-team playoff?
Thanks. I updated it, btw, realized I had left out some key components.

At the start of the dynasty, I was using last years community rosters. So, in my setup, I like for the Tier 1's to have 14 teams, and Tier 2's to have 12. So, I just took the best teams from last years rosters and placed them in the proper conference according to the the time zone guidelines. The rest of my initial selections were based on tradition and National Championship wins. So, for example, despite recent struggles, Tennessee would have started in either the SEC or ACC because of their tradition and Natties.

I don't quite understand your ladder question.

As for playoff, I've yet to attempt one, but I think it would be really cool to do a 4-teamer with the Tier 1's, or an 8-teamer with the 1's and 2's and maybe a Sun Belt or Independent team as a wildcard, if deserving over a Tier 2 champ.

I'm not sure if it's the structure of the conferences or what, but there's only been a few times where I felt like the old BCS system didn't get it right in my little universe. Every great once in a while, there would be 3-4 undefeated teams, and I might disagree with the #2 team the game chose, but it's rare. In fact, it seems like there is often only two undefeated teams left. Sometimes, just one.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 11-12-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove