View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #7
Tuscaloosa
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Any new conference realignment ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJonpin
Wow funny you ask... I literally just found this out and I’ve re fallen in love with this game again.

If every conference has exactly 11 teams. No more divisions. No more conference championship games. There will also be 26 independents.

By doing this every team plays an 8 game rotating conference schedule, with 4 non conference slots.

So scheduling and rankings and records will be very balanced and it will be much simpler to be able to say an 11-1 P5 team is better than a 10-2 P5 team.

That said the cool thing about moving some P5 schools as independents is it works out as a de facto regulation/deregulation system without you even trying. For example in my dynasty Colorado was the initial team I kicked to Indy from the PAC12 based on starting rankings and prestige. 2 years later Colorado finishes in the top 12, wins their bowl game, and moved up prestige. I swap them out for Washington State who struggled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had any trouble with freezing at Conference Championship Week? I've read that if you don't have at least one CCG that it can/does glitch the game up. I feel like I tried this once, but left the Sun Belt as the only CCG to avoid any issues, but it ended up giving them too much credit, so I scrapped it. Any truth to the freeze thing? Have you made it several seasons doing this?