Old 11-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #260
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjackets
This game is wonky, not sure how else to describe it. Every once in a while I have the odd game where everything is very responsive and it is really fun because of the variety it allows. Then for some reason it reverts back to feeling like you are controlling an 18 wheeler. I think it's backend related has everything to do with their servers. It's a shame because when it plays like I think they intended it to....... it's a totally different experience.

This may sound crazy but I'm starting to think Konami may be doing this intentionally. Meaning they feed you these crumbs so you keep coming back to see if today is the day. I don't trust these companies anymore with all the money involved. I think you can make a case that they are playing with your psyche with a lot of this stuff.

I think you’re right in terms of there being behind the scenes server related things that can affect gameplay. I’ve heard some prominent PES youtuber’s like Spoony Pizzas mention it too.

There’s also the form arrows. When your players, especially good attackers/dribblers are on upward arrows, the game feels incredible but when they’re down they feel sluggish and bulky.

I’ve sent so many tweets and messages over the years to Konami that they need to fix their random form. You could bag a brace and score in three straight and all of a sudden, bam, you’re on a downward arrow. Their response has always been that it helps with squad rotation but I’m the manager, let me decide when I need to rotate my squad.

Also, form arrows shouldn’t affect physical traits. I could be on full stamina, well rested, and all of because I have a down form arrow I’m all of a sudden 25% less agile. Gimme a break!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk