Old 11-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #87
mestevo
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Week 11 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Perfectly appropriate. The folks calling for criminal charges and lifetime ban were not going to get it. It doesn’t work that way no matter how unprecedented this was.

Rest of this season, and maybe a few next year too (it’s technically an indefinite suspension because he has to apply for reinstatement).

Rudolph is a punk but I don’t buy he tried to low blow Garrett, or called him anything. Really do think Garrett just ripped his helmet off because Rudolph tried (and failed) to weirdly do that to him first, and then Garrett went braindead and swung it when Rudolph charged him. It was a heat of the moment thing, I’m not making broader conclusions beyond it was messed up and he’s paying for it within the rules of the league.

Ogunjobi, IMO, is the biggest POS, blindside decking Rudolph. He deserved as much as Pouncey. I definitely believe if that was a QB of a different stature there would be different punishment coming down on Ogunjobi.
I'd agree if he speared him or something, but Pouncey threw 5-6 punches and kicked someone in the head. Differentiates a bit from just knocking someone down. A late hit would have just been a fine, in the context of a fight him losing a game seems appropriate to me.