View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 05:03 AM   #2
roninho
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hey Fans... Recruiting Info Please

* I can recruit whoever i want, but can only sign a class of 14+1.

Which means 14 during recruiting season and 1 during signing day which i do so that signing day actually is fun for me (i typically sign the 14 long before end of recruiting season).
The 14 number comes from the roster limit of 70, so 5 years of eligibility (4 years plus redshirt) = 5x14=70 players.

* I cannot scout players because scouting guys results in certain topclasses in terms of talent. Simply scout a bunch of 3 stars, find some gems and have a bunch of 3-star 75-78 over players coming in. So it becomes way to easy. I don't scout them during recruiting, i only scout them after they have signed with me. Since the game autoscouts the top 15-20 guys you have on your board during pre-season i make sure i scout 20 1 star players so that i have no points left, and then delete them from my board and make my board like i want it to be

* I cannot cut players i have recruited. Since i can sign 15 recruits chances are in the beginning of your dynasty you have more players then 70 on your roster. For example i took over a Michigan roster that had 12 seniors and 11 juniors, but 70 total guys, which means having to cut after recruiting 15 players. I have the rule that i cannot cut my own recruits meaning that a bust is truly a bust i have to keep for 4 years.

* I don't simply recruit for need, i try to combine need and bpa. And i am taking both a short term as well as a long term outlook.
I play a 3-4 defense and lets say my NT starter will graduate, and i only have two 70 ovr backups, meaning after offseason progression they are preferably not starting for me (my starters should be in the 80s preferably)
In that case i i obviously try to land a top recruit at his position, meaning for my team at least a 4 star player. So in that case i go for need.

However, if after a few weeks of recruiting it becomes clear i cannot land a 4* DT recruit i rather prefer to not recruit a 3* but go for position where i can land a 4* recruit even though he will be backup, let's say a 4 star LB. My thinking behind this is that likely i will be able to land a 4* NT the next offseason who will be better then the 3* i recruited. Basically a 4* sophomore linebacker and 4* freshman DT will beat a 3* DT and a 4* linebacker.

I don't follow this tactic for all positions, i currently have 5 qb's and will have 6 next season as well since i am still looking for 2 long term guys. I have a 85 Sr, a 79 jr, a 70 jr, a 70 so and a 69 fr.
Essentially i feel my programm needs a 80+ sophomore and a 77+ freshman. I signed 2 4* guys but unfortunately one was a bust (68 ovr) and 1 is ok (74 ovr). So yeah, next offseason i will again recruit a QB.

* A house rule i have implemented involves JUCO players. You will likely not get any transfer requests (because you will quickly fill up your roster and requests only seem to come when you have big holes in your roster) and feel that is a miss in this game. Especially since we see a lot of (graduate) transfers in real life i wanted to add that to the game, i mean michigan had Rudock, O'Korn and Patterson all start at QB after transfers.

So how i implement that is that i can recruit JUCO players but have to redshirt them as if they transfered. So my 79 jr QB i currently have is now redshirting after a 'transfer'.

* Other house rules i don't use now but have seen or done before include:

- Not recruiting players that have no interest (only with green dot next to their names)
- Not recruiting athletes (you have a much bigger chance landing them)
- Not recruiting toptalent that go unrecruited (every season a couple of 4 star players will have <20% interest at the end of the season, meaning you can easily sign them)

Hope this helps.