View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 08:59 PM   #972
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCSRTJR
Josh,

Love these default sliders with a few minor adjustments that you suggested. My only complaint and not really a complaint is it seems like threshold could be a little off. It seems to me that no matter how fast a guy is he gets run down by the defense even when breaking into open space and there aren't many broken tackles even when it's a 1 on one 1 matchup. Is there anything that can be done to get the game to play at actual speed of players?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app
I've played around with threshold a bit...and it is a nasty slider to adjust with a default setup. It detracts WAY too much from player ratings....even a 1 point change can really de-sync everything. Remember that catching guys from behind has more to do with fatigue and pursuit ratings than pure speed. True speed guys can and will get breakaways....if it's a run-of-the-mill guy with 90 speed (which is a 4.5ish 40 I believe)...he'll get caught more often than not...as he should.

As for the 1-on-1 thing....I know what you're referring to....but I've seen this loosen up a little more in year 2. Another thing....archetype, archetype, archetype. Run stopping-oriented defenders are going to make those plays. I'm now in Year 2 with this setup and I've seen a massive range of outcomes depending on the players, schemes, and individual matchups.