View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 03:17 PM   #1
Tuscaloosa
Pro

OVR: 0
Fresh Start Rosters (New Coaches and All Generated Players)

Many of us have discussed fictional universe rosters/dynasties. So I decided to take a few days, learn the editor, and make my own roster. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Coaches: Renamed with random generator / offensive playbooks of HCs and OCs selected at random / all coaches defensive playbooks set to "Multiple D" / all coaches tendency sliders set to 50 / all coaches skill trees reset / all contracts set to 3 years, allowing immediate firing and hiring, adding to the randomization - First tried 1 year contracts but literally every single coach just re-signed / some looks changed / all ages left the same to allow for evenly spaced retirements - too many coaches retiring at once freezes the game.

Players: Set to (RS) Sophomore to allow enough time for recruiting. First tried setting all to (RS) Seniors, but it caused a freeze, as there weren't enough players to go around. All attributes (except STA & INJ) set to 53 to allow generated recruits to take over ASAP.

Teams/Universities: All team ratings set to 53 in editor. The game then seems to "do its own thing" to some degree, so I'm not sure if these changes in the editor stick, but the important thing is, all teams remain even, with in-game ratings of OVR - 11, OFF - 11, & DEF - 15 / team records reset to 0-0-0 / team letter grades (prestige, academics, tradition) reset.

So, unless I'm forgetting something, that's basically it. Just sim the first three seasons of any new dynasty, and you'll have totally new, randomly generated rosters and (hopefully) the coaches will always be in different positions after year 1.

Side note: the game is playing great with all players being globally rated much lower than usual. Not sure how these will play out in various slider sets, but with my default-ish set, they're playing incredibly well.

My sliders: All default, except Heisman, Fatigue Off, 9 minute quarters, HFA and ITK Off, USER/CPU INT = 10 & USER/CPU FG Accuracy = 35 (watching USER FGs in super sim). Designed to have more of an '06 PS2 feel. DON'T BE AFRAID OF THROWING THE DEEP 50/50 BALL! It's no longer a guaranteed INT with my sliders. The majority of USER incompletions will come from CPU DB deflections and drops (many from lobbed, 50-50 jump balls), with occasional WR drops, throwaways, genuine off target throws, and QBs getting hit while throwing. The majority of CPU incompletions will come from WR drops, with occasional deflections and drops from USER (non-player controlled) DBs, throwaways, genuine off target throws, and QBs getting hit while throwing. I don't USER catch (not necessary with these, IMO). I pick my defensive play and watch the play occur, outside of Super Sim, only taking control when an interception or scoop fumble recovery occurs, which I attempt to run back. No passing after a scramble has taken place - can only continue the run or throw it away. I always pick one of the 3 "Ask Coach" plays - no audibles.

Recruiting House Rules: Your choice, but you always need them, regardless of sliders/settings. I've tried all kinds - random recruiting via random number generator, team prestige related systems, etc. My new favorite way to ensure that I'm exactly on par with the CPU (which is always a top priority for me), as far as recruiting, is to no longer control the coach that I'm playing as. I tried setting everything to auto-recruit, but the results were still way too good for the USER controlled team. So, in this mode, I approach a dynasty one of two ways: I play the role of either the school, going through coaching and playbook changes throughout the years, while trying to build the program up to a successful level/ OR /as all of the players to ever play for the coach, regardless of where his career takes him, getting fired or promoted and changing schools. I love leaving these elements of control out of my hands and being exactly on par with the CPU coaches.

Anything that you guys can think of to add or change, please let me know.

Roster Share: scificrimes
Attached Files
File Type: zip BLUS31159-ROSTER-DEC22_145002.zip (1.43 MB, 116 views)

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 11-01-2022 at 05:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove