View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 07:02 AM   #3
NDAlum
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Playing MUT online

Personally I played the mode for 2.5 cycles and it was fun but the mode is too demanding. Here are the problems with MUT IMO

#1 - It's pay to win or grind to win. Basically you have to invest the time of a part time job to compete.
#2 - It's not about who knows football better or who is a better "skilled" player at Madden. The foundation of Madden is knowledge. Who knows how to exploit the AI more is usually the winner.
#3 - They've decreased rewards and made the mode more towards spending or investing crazy amounts of time. House Rules is a perfect example.
#4 - The run game this year is the worst it's ever been. Having Dickerson with his X-factor activated at the beginning of the game is a terrible choice. Also by worst I mean it's too easy to run the football. Blocking is too good and pursuit is horrible.
#5 - Game design went from skill to animation based. Mainly going to reference the catch mechanics here. You basically press a button, hold it, and hope your DB/WR animates.
#6 - They made athletic QB's useless without abilities. If you don't have escape artist you are a sitting duck in the pocket no matter what your QB's speed.
#7 - Various reasons: no zones cover certain parts of the field, run commit doesn't work, shading doesn't work, man coverage gets burned on routes instead of having ratings matter, contain blitzes are too effective bc OL blocking is terrible...I could go on

Basically I had a great time and was a solid player. Best WL finish was 22 wins and last year I routinely finished top 100 in WL. This year I played WL like 4 times and only had 1 top 100 finish. I would say I'm a 75% win % guy. In WL I'd get 18+ each time. In seasons I was in legend division with a few SB wins.

My time can be better spent doing things around the house rather than playing this game as a part time job. It 100% is an addiction but fortunately I was able to just quit a few weeks ago. Played a guy who had Lamar/Dickerson/Hester in his top 3 and all he did was audible his play around a few times and then have a designed run or option or touch pass. That's the game. Run all day and hope your blocks set up because you can't pass the ball or make a read.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)