View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 10:29 AM   #982
Steelers4190
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I've added this section to the OP today.

Schemes and Archetypes

Before we get into this topic, let's address one item I can speak confidently on: QB Archetypes.

On All Pro (not fully tested on other difficulties), only QBs who have the Scrambling Archetype as their top archetype (or tied for the top) will scramble past the LOS. Other archetypes will move around, but they never actually take off. The only way around this is to manually edit QBs within franchise (I personally do this for 5 or 6 guys in the default roster). Raising SAC/MAC and lowering DAC usually does the trick for guys on the borderline (like Trubisky). I don't know if this is a bug or a design choice - but this is where we are right now.

Let's get to it......

We all know that Madden 20 has offensive/defensive schemes and different player archetypes. Many people look at these as being purely cosmetic - a tool to assist more casual fans with team building. Many look at them purely as a means to maximize XP gains. Whether intentional or not, I believe the system runs deeper than that.

Here's the Qualifier - the following is based on my personal observations using default All Pro. I'm not stating any of this as "the gospel" but rather offering some thoughts for folks to ponder. People who adjusted gameplay sliders or play on other difficulties may have these impacts muted....so, YMMV.

It has been my observation that the team schemes alter some player tendencies. CBs playing in a zone scheme will tend to play off of the receiver and give a more zonal look (even during a M2M play) but will go after the ball more. In a Man scheme, they will play the receiver more closely. Slot scheme corners seem to be a bit more focused on reading the run and breaking up passes by hitting the receivers. Runningbacks, power scheme RBs tend to run to contact more, elusive guys do not. D-line - scheme seems to greatly influence how they play and the types of moves they predominantly use (i.e. PMV vs FMV). Pass protector-heavy OL (e.g. in Air Raid) suck at run blocking. I don't have a laundry list of every position but you get the idea. In theory, changing a scheme may have some effect on how players play and which skills they are predominantly using.

If the scheme IS altering the types and/or frequencies of moves/animations that players are using, that's going to trickle-down into a tangible impact. If your 250lb speed rusher RE with 85 FMV/65 PMV is using more power moves because of the scheme....you're going to have an issue - and you SHOULD (ask Rex Ryan what happens when you try to force guys into a scheme).

What does this mean? It means to choose your scheme wisely. It means to build your roster wisely with your schemes in mind. It means to accept the weaknesses of the approach you have chosen. It means to call plays that complement that scheme.

If you're having issues with certain aspects of the game, instead of looking for slider-based solutions, look at your team. Do your issues make sense based on the scheme you are running (i.e. being weak vs the pass when using a run-stopping scheme)? Do the player archetypes match the scheme well? Are your play-calls (and playbook) appropriate for the scheme? Are there ways to re-deploy your personnel in certain formations/situations (e.g. using better pass coverage LBs in nickel/dime formations)?
So refreshing to read