View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 01:32 AM   #29
JHamilton9
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can anyone help with the damn "error this is not a DB or MC02 file" message for p

I vaguely remember that it is better to edit the file on your desktop versus your USB drive. It's the way I have always done it. I just copy the dynasty from the USB drive to my desktop. My folder heirarchy on both devices are as follows: PS3 > SAVEDATA > BLUS...

Also inside my desktop PS3 folder is:
  • NCAA Dynasty Editor (purple/yellow)
  • EA DB Editor folder, which contains the blue/green editor, the XML config files, NCalc.dll, Antlr3****ntime.dll, profile.xml, and the Images folder
  • Bruteforce Save Data folder, which has the Bruteforce app, 2 cache files, and 3 conf files
Like has been mentioned before, the first thing I do will also be the last thing I do. The first thing I do is open Bruteforce, decrypt the files, add the MC02 extension by using the "Rename" command, then open the editor. I will leave Bruteforce open the entire time I am editing. Once I'm done editing, close the editor, remove the MC02 extension using "Rename", encrypt the files, and the last thing I do is close Bruteforce.

I do all the editing on my desktop and then transfer the file to the USB drive. Then I transfer the file from the USB drive to the PS3.