View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 10:47 AM   #27
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Should we be ok with broken man coverage going into next Gen???

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Yall have to start replaying more than just the plays where coverage is blown. There IS a problem in that blow coverages look crazy and are blown by way too much. BUT there is plenty of examples of good coverage. Just like in real life, you don't notice it until a coverage is blown.
I agree with this.

I was streaming a game a few days ago and there was an instance where a WR made a cut or something and the DB made a very poor reaction (like....the receiver was WAY open). I made the comment, "well, that's a route-running win". It's SO obvious when it happens - that's not a broken game or broken coverage - that's RATINGS mattering!

Like feeq said, some of the "win" and "loss" animations are extreme (like the example above or when a QB misses a throw and it's wildly off). But I think they have to be to an extent, otherwise unscrupulous users could have a chance to manually adjust their player and override that ratings impact (which is obviously unacceptable).

I see SUCH a good mix of coverage in this game. But if you're running a lot of man plays, you really should be running a scheme that has man corners specified in the scheme - it definitely helps maximize things. Using in-game coach adjustments to optimize matchups is also key as they can help reduce the number of those "win" animations.