View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 02:41 PM   #4
Funkycorm
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Turn back the clock--2017 edition

For an intriguing storyline I am doing something to a similar effect but quite different.

I will take my roster and start in 2019. I changed all the Astros players to one year deals. I will sim the 2019 season then at the end of the season I will do a few things:

1. Lower the overall and potential of all Astros players with MLB time by 20.

2. No player with MLB time can be resigned even if renewable or arbitration eligible. Most will be in the 60s and 70s with C or D potential anyways.

3. All prospects including those drafted in 2019 will have their potential lowered by 18.

4. Any player with no MLB service time can be resigned but most if not all will be C and D prospects due to number 3.

5. The first 2 picks from the 2020 and 2021 drafts will have their potential lowered by 25. This will essentially cancel our their long term impact and we can't actually take those picks away.

6. In the 19, 20, and 21 off-season the Astros can sign no player to a deal longer than 2 years and can not offer more than 8 million per season to any player. They can also not sign any player rated 81 or above before morale boosts.

Once the start of spring training in 2022 starts, all restrictions are lifted.

This will essentially completely reset them and force them to start over from scratch while lowering the effect of the players not resigned or released by the Astros across the league.

This is just something to do for fun and I will sim it all. In the end, it is just a delayed rebuild with forced tanking.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment