View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 11:35 PM   #31
peter42O
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2020 Gaming Plans

*UPDATED*

2020 is going to be one hell of a year for gaming. A few game of the generation contenders will be releasing as well as next gen consoles in November. Future game wise, I only have 5 thus far for the first half of 2020 with one of them being 50/50.

CURRENTLY PLAYING/BACKLOG
JANUARY - FEBRUARY - MARCH - APRIL
01. Remnant: From the Ashes (wrapped up the other day)
02. Yakuza Zero (will wrap up Tuesday)
03. Ratchet & Clank (will start on Thursday)
04. Assassin's Creed III
05. Batman Arkham Asylum
06. Batman Arkham City
07. Control
08. Darksiders II
09. God of War III
10. Nier Automata

All games will be played on PS4 Pro unless stated otherwise. Asterisk denotes games that are 50/50.

FEBRUARY
02/14 - Darksiders Genesis

APRIL
04/03 - REmake3
04/24 - Trails of Mana Remake *

MAY
05/19 - Wasteland 3
05/29 - The Last of Us Part II

- Trials of Mana Remake depends on what GamingBolt reviews it as well as overall impressions from those I watch on YouTube and follow on Twitter.

- Also waiting on Sam's Story expansion for Metro Exodus, The Foundation expansion for Control and Episode 3 for The Division 2.

NEXT GEN
I will be pre-ordering Xbox Series X at GameStop once pre-orders open up. As of now, it's looking like Xbox Series X (or XBOX 4 as I call it) will be my primary gaming console for next gen. I already have a few titles that im going to want to play - Halo Infinite, Gears Tactics and backlogged title Wasteland 3. All Microsoft's first party titles will be played via Game Pass. Hellblade 2 is a future guarantee. So excluding Wasteland 3, I have at least 3 exclusives that are guaranteed to be played.

PlayStation 5 wise all depends on their launch lineup. Right now, my expectations are Demon's Souls Remake, Killzone 5 or a new FPS IP, Ratchet & Clank 2 and TLOUP2 MP. Only R&C 2 would be of interest to me. There is Godfall which looks extremely promising based on all the talent Counterplay Games has but at the same time, it's said but not confirmed to be a one year timed exclusive for PS5. So I can always wait if I have to. Really hoping that Sony delays Ghost of Tsushima a few months and releases it as a cross-gen PS5 launch title because I would much rather start PS5 with GOT than end PS4 with GOT.

Multi-platform wise, Assassin's Creed Ragnarok and Watch Dogs Legion will be day one buys as im expecting both to be cross-gen launch titles. Also expecting Dying Light 2 at some point since Techland confirmed a next gen port so my guess would be a delay from Spring 2020 to January 2021 but we'll see.

Overall, first 8 months will be "slow" for me but will ramp up once September hits and the next gen consoles get released.
Advertisements - Register to remove