View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 12:20 AM   #5
joshuahuskers
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wisconsin State Porcupine Football (NCAA 14)

Here are my house rules. Some of these are new, some of them have been in effect for a while. Some of these were stolen directly from people on OS - so THANK YOU.

Recruiting

Winning on the field is one of the biggest factors in recruiting in real life, so I’ve place restrictions on recruiting players based on my program prestige.
  • Home State (Wisconsin): I can recruit at my program prestige +2. For example, if I am a two-star program, I can recruit up to four-star recruits in Wisconsin.
  • Border States (Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Canada – not technically a border, but it’s across the lake): Can recruit at program prestige +1
  • Conference Footprint (Modified Big Ten; Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania) can recruit at program prestige level
  • Nationally (All other states): Can recruit at program prestige -1
  • No set number of recruits I can take, but I will cut random players if I have oversigned (this could be a new recruit or my star QB – it’s random – see discussion on roster management below)

Roster Management
  • Cannot talk players intending to transfer into staying, no matter what.
  • Cannot talk players intending to declare for the draft into staying, no matter what.
  • Every year, a minimum of two (2) players will be selected at random and cut from the roster. These can be new recruits or veterans. This is in line with natural attrition that programs face. These can be deemed to be additional players entering the draft if they’re good, new recruits who didn’t qualify, additional transfers, guys who get kicked off the team for disciplinary reasons, etc. Yes, that means if my Heisman winning QB happens to be randomly selected, HE GONE. He got caught dealing dope! This keeps things fresh and interesting. If, after offseason recruiting, the roster has more than 72 players, I will use this process to cut down to 70 players, but a minimum of two players will be cut regardless, even if the roster is at 70 or fewer players after recruiting.
  • Player Names – I will use names of real life recruits to generate player names. This gives me realistic player names. I randomly select a player from each recruit’s position in 247’s database for the current year (I used the 2020 class for my newest freshmen) and assign that name to that recruit. I’ll go through multiple classes on there.

Player Progression
  • Twelve (12) players on the roster will be randomly selected and have their OVR reduced by a randomly generated value between 1 and 10.
  • Three (3) players on the roster will be randomly selected and have their OVR increased by a randomly generated value between 1 and 10.

Injuries
  • I will generate a random number 1-20 at halftime of every game. If the result is 1-4, that means two players have been injured. If the result is 5-10, that means one player has been injured. If it’s 10-20, no players have been injured. I will randomly select the player next, and roll another random number from zero to [number of weeks remaining in the season]. The player is out that many weeks (0 means he’s out only for the rest of the game). This way, I don’t know the injuries in advance.

Gameplay
  • 8 minute quarters
  • J-Kits with Modifications (to nerf the user run game – I run a shotgun spread offense, and running out of it is too easy sometimes).
  • All Game Adjustments set to balanced – exception is chew the clock in limited circumstances – see below.
  • In-Game Offense
    • No more than five combined read options or designed QB runs per half, with a maximum of two coming on the same drive. No more than three zone reads per half, and no more than one zone read per drive.
    • I try not to call the same place twice on the same drive. This is not a hard and fast rule, but I try to abide by it. Sometimes I forget what I’ve already called on the drive.
    • No audibles – the call we played is the call we run, unless we want to burn a timeout.
  • Chew the clock permitted:
    • Inside the last two minutes of each half.
    • In the third quarter when leading by 35+
    • In the fourth quarter when leading by 28+
    • I try to snap the ball with :16 or more left on the play clock otherwise to get a realistic number of plays. This doesn’t always happen if I’m taking a longer time to get a play call in, but I try to abide by it.
  • In-Game Defense
    • I cannot user any defender (so I’m playing coach mode essentially) until:
      • Pass play: the QB has thrown the ball
      • Run play: the ball carrier has crossed the line of scrimmage (obviously this isn’t perfect because sometimes it’s hard to know when the ball carrier crosses the line, but I try to be honest).
        • Exception: The opponent is inside my five yard line (I feel like it’s impossible to stop CPU run game inside the five if you don’t user the defensive line).
    • Can only run a QB Spy on third down
  • In-Game Special Teams
    • Fair catch all punts unless trailing in the 4th quarter
    • Kneel all kick offs in the endzone unless trailing in the 4th quarter
Advertisements - Register to remove