Old 01-20-2020, 06:17 PM   #32
RoyceDa59
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2020 Gaming Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I just purchased this game in 2019 for 15 bucks on a PSN sale after reading a lot about both the first and second. This one was far more recommended with tons of quality of life improvements, better combat and storylines.

So I never played the first one. I went right to this one. And heard the first one was not needed at all.

I am so far really enjoying it. It is certainly an acquired taste. It is a true old school RPG with real time combat. I would compare it to Dragon Age Origins but not with the graphic flare of Dragon Age. This is more like Baldurs Gate but much better graphics, audio etc.

I loved Dragon Age Origins as that may be one of my favorite turn based RPGs of all time. This one looks like it can be right there with it but even deeper. It has a massive crafting system, spells, abilities, etc etc. Really steep learning curve. And it does not hold your hand.

I am looking forward to playing this to completion. 2020 and 2021 are all about playing the tons of titles I have amassed over the last two years on blow out sales. Plenty of games to keep me busy for a few years.
Wow this was on sale for $15 last year, not sure how I missed that! Funny enough I see Amazon and Best Buy are selling this for $20 but I prefer digital especially since my PS4 disk drive has been struggling the last few months even after cleaning it.

But thanks for your input, I added this to my PS wishlist so hopefully it goes on sale in the near future I will purchase it. I have really been on a RPG kick lately so since I just finished Cold Steel 1 & 2.