View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 03:54 PM   #52
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Would you be interested in 2K football returning with no NFL license?

According to SGO, XFL is in talks with a video game publisher regarding a game. It would make sense. Video games are good for marketing new league and could bring in new viewers. The publisher would want to wait until the XFL announces a second season before announcing a partnership. Last thing they would want is a Axis/AAF situation.

If true, most likely is 2k. NFL probably won't allow EA to do it(no one would want that anyway), Maximum is looking towards NCAA, And Axis tried with AAF. I think XFL would want a more experienced developer and a 2k football would help market XFL than a indie football game. They already have a relationship with WWE, so it makes sense. It makes sense that 2k wants to see XFL make it to a second season before making any announcements. 2k would want them to have initial success. 2k has shown that they will drop a game If it isn't profitable. I would love 2k football game. But I could see them having to take a APF 2k8 route. You can't have a franchise mode without understanding how the off-season will work in XFL. So they would have to do a similar style game to APF and be patient.

But I would buy it day one. If they could build upon 2k8s strength, more depth, and more customization. APF from a gameplay POV, was the best gameplay. If XFL can get to that relatively quick, then it would set up for success