View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 01:05 PM   #1037
Teleo
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK, number 1, your sample size sucks - you need WAY more than 5 games.

Number 2, the Bengals are better in Madden than real life. Dalton is solid, Mixon is a stud, and you have three solid WRs plus Eifert. And frankly, Madden does a poor job of replicating pass rush...which is their Achilles Heel.

But let's break this down anyways.....and assume that the numbers hold (which is unlikely).

Rushing stats: 110 ypg would put you at 16th in the NFL in real life. I have zero qualms with your number on Madden (with Mixon)

Completion %: this is the most completely useless stat in football.

To better understand your dilemma, we need to look at your air yards per attempt and to do that, we need a few stats and some basic math.
  • The total combined Run After Catch yardage (RAC) for all your receivers
  • Total passing yards
  • Pass Completions

From there:

Passing Yards - RAC yardage = Air Yards

Air Yards/Pass Completions = Air Yards per Completion

This is a rough calculation but to give you perspective, the range this year was from 4.5 to 8.3 (note: it is not 1:1 correlation, but it is the best we can do). This basically gives you a sense of how far downfield your average completion is.

If you're in the low-end of that range (or below it), you are essentially checking-down too much and need to do a better job anticipating downfield throws and throwing into tight windows. That alone will add greatly to the challenge and knock down the comp % a few clicks.

Now...here's the problem, because you have such a tiny sample size, one completed Hail Mary can completely skew the numbers. I'd recommend completing your full season before running the numbers.

Once you complete year 1 and have run the numbers, you should have a better sense of the issue (if one still exists). If the number is OK (I'd say above 6 air yard per comp) and you are still unsatisfied with the comp %, simply bumping up the game to All Madden should add what you need.
Woah! Now THAT is knowledge