View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 01:41 AM   #17
Cardfan9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Finally getting bored. How do I make the game fun again?

Lots of game play options were already given so I will throw up some Dynasty options that can keep the game interesting.

The conference Gauntlet - start out in the Sun Belt conference and play until you win the conference then only take a job offer to the MAC, followed by Conf USA, Mountain West, The American, ACC, Big12, PAC 12, Big 10, SEC.

Sim Coaching Family While you are playing your dynasty, have two created coaches that start as coordinators at two rival schools. I used to go with FIU and FAU but New Mexico and New Mexico State or Georgia State and Georgia Southern (team builder) are good starting points.
You set the offensive and defensive game plans for them, and make sure they play each other each year.
No recruiting restrictions on them just have them competing to see who can rise the furthest against each other while you play out your dynasty.

The recruits Every season make some elite recruit, or recruits. But don't recruit them yourself just follow their careers. Schedule yourself to play them if they become stars

Follow the coach edit a no name coordinator or two to max them out as coaches and follow their careers as you play your own dynasty.

The Historic run Take your fav college football team and go back x amount of years. Edit your team to mirror say the 1987 Notre Dame team then only recruit players similar to those in the 1988 recruiting class (easier to do if you start in 2002)
Try to keep your roster accurate as you play through your career.
This is a link to how I set up ND's recruiting by year https://forums.operationsports.com/f...postcount=8870

You can also edit other team rosters as you go plugging in greats like Michael Vick, Tim Tebow, etc etc. If you do this and adjust their coaches to feed them he ball you can have Heisman races like this

https://www.reddit.com/r/NCAAFBserie..._1987_heisman/