View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 12:22 AM   #6
JHamilton9
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you incorporate real-life events into your dynasty

Most of the stuff I have done is mostly lighthearted and not so much grim in nature. I had a players taking classes and trying to graduate. I would even see who could possibly make an All-Academic Team.

I also ended up suspending or cutting players for getting into trouble. Initially, I would see what trouble they caused: from showing up late to practice to something extreme like stealing a car or punching someone. I later changed it to different degrees of "violating team rules" because I just didn't come to like a dice roll dictating a fictitious player just committed a felony.

I never considered something medically related: like a player missing a season to battle cancer or something of the sort. I felt that was doing a disservice to those who actually fight these diseases.

Likewise, I've never considered incorporating death. In a dynasty, 2 coaches from a base roster died IRL over the past year. Both are still "coaching" in the game, and I wasn't going to incorporate their deaths by removing them from the file.

Many thanks to those who have shared their views and voted.