View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 05:58 PM   #6
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Does the XFL interest you at all?

Yes. I'm willing to give it a try. This is the dry part of the year for me. I'm mainly a football fan and casual NBA fan. I'm not into baseball or CBB. I don't get get too into NBA until near playoffs. I usually focus on NFL off season.
I feel it is set up for success this time around with major broadcast deal and finances. The only thing is that I fully expect a slow sluggish/sloppy start. I don't think there was an enough time for players to adjust to style of play and rules. Hopefully the college heavy schemes and offensive heavy rules, makes up for The lack of talent. I do feel like they will make it at least 2 seasons, but there will be pressure to succeed right away because not sure ESPN/Fox/ABC sticks around if it doesn't.
I want it to succeed and eventually turn into a longer season from like Feb-June so there is more time with Football. But honestly, the main reason I want it to succeed is that I want another licensed football game. The exclusive NFL license isn't likely going anywhere and Madden will continuing sell well enough for NFL to continue on. There's rumors that XFL was already in talks with a publisher about a game and that the publisher wants to see XFL make it to 2nd season before agreeing on a game. Likely it could be 2k because relationship with McMahon and 2k probably knows NFL license will continue to be exclusive. So I definitely want XFL to succeed if that means we could get another licensed football game