Old 02-07-2020, 08:20 AM   #7
Hellisan
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Do you incorporate real-life events into your dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
I never considered something medically related: like a player missing a season to battle cancer or something of the sort. I felt that was doing a disservice to those who actually fight these diseases.

Likewise, I've never considered incorporating death. In a dynasty, 2 coaches from a base roster died IRL over the past year. Both are still "coaching" in the game, and I wasn't going to incorporate their deaths by removing them from the file.
The crazy things that can happen to a team are as you say an interesting parallel to the news on the field and sometimes can be a part of the storyline as far as depth concerns or even the team playing for somebody or something. Death or really serious issues do seem to be a little "reachy" as far as dynasty reporting goes because it's such a serious thing, this life or death, and playing an online dynasty is just for the sheer fun factor - even if we are trying to incorporate some drama.

Not for nothing, as an observer of sports, when someone lets somebody climb atop a scissor lift and die due to high winds, (and seemingly don't even take responsibility for it) I don't forget that stuff. Or when somebody's kids are suffering and struggling with life and end up killing themselves and they never even back off on their job to focus on their family. That stuff, I just don't let go of too easily as far as character assessment. All I'm saying is if it is incorporated, it has to be done in the least crass way possible.