Old 02-20-2020, 10:50 PM   #3770
allBthere
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: MMA Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Your totally right. He just too long. I love Greg. Probably one of my favorite trainers.

Jones is a puzzle I would not like to solve. My wife didn't understand why Reyes lost all of his stamina in the later rounds. I was explaining pace to her. And also Jon having trained for 5 rounds for the last 10 years. I'm not saying Reyes didn't train for 5 rounds. It's his first time. And like you said, his game plan was knock out. Which is tough vs a fighter like Jon. You either have to catch him making a huge mistake (Like Anderson Sliva). Or literally stay on top of him for 5 rounds. Which is an insane pace. After Reyes went to the ground. It was over. He had nothing left. Jones was just hanging around.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I think Jones is also good at concealing how tired HE is. The last 2 rounds I was honestly expecting Jones to finish him because Reyes just looked done - but Jones didn't have enough in the tank either! It was just super hard to tell. Some similarity to Connor as well, like just coming forward at you, it just forces you to move and expend energy.

I'm going to look up that score thing the last guy posted on the Santos fight - like I honestly had it for him too! it's just with that leg ...how could you? for anyone that missed that one, go have a look, it was CRAZY!

I agree with you though about the puzzle, I think anyone that beats Jones (besides Santos) needs top conditioning - they need to be much more conditioned that Jones, because no matter what with his length, you're GOING to use up more energy than him - you just are, so to get 4 clear rounds, you need to be rolling all night!