View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 08:50 PM   #13
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: New NCAA game poll

I know that NCAA wants to have the law in effect by January 2021. So essentially, EA and NCAA can negotiate then. Problem is that NCAA hasn't shown any progress or willingness with the NIL law. When they met with Congress, Congress felt like NCAA wanted them to handle it for them. Then it comes having an entity negotiate for the players. They have been reports that NFLPA would partner with college player association. So they could be that entity.

NCAA and Madden always shared engines and gameplay features. Either NCAA tested features before Madden or NCAA had to wait to next year to get those features. NCAA main priority gameplay wise was making college offense/defense work. I wouldn't want Madden's gameplay. But NCAA would share most of Madden's assets. The big hope is that with new generation hardware and stronger CPU, that Madden overhaul gameplay engine. Physics in general should be better for all games where less Rag doll physics will be used.

I liked NCAA 14, but didn't like how streamlined that game was. Recruiting was heavily simplified, RTG lost the depth it had in previous year. I would like them to take it back to the NCAA 13 style. Want Teambuilder back. Ability to edit recruits. Fixed progression and added regression. While I liked the game breaks, I didn't like the presentation. There was no post game presentation since it would always abruptly stop. It would be great to be able to choose coordinators.

If NCAA does have NIL law settled by January and willing to negotiate, I could see a game by 2022. I don't think they need a couple years since they would share Madden assets. They would need to work on college schemes, and develop features.