Thread: Too arcadey
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 02:09 PM   #6
Shosum13
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Too arcadey

The only reason I don’t take any breaks is I’m in an online league that advances every 48-72 hours and we have a great community of owners. We usually stay full at 32 owners and have a good base that has been in it for at least a couple of maddens now. We have a little turnover every madden cycle because of course people have busy lives, and some just get sick of the game. I usually also run a solo franchise or two during the cycle either with a rebuild or my hometown team. Usually by right about this time every madden I get burned out though and end up taking a step back from any of the solo franchises and only play the bare minimum of league games.

This madden I can say honestly almost burned me out way earlier than normal because of the user vs user play this year. If you only play solo these issues don’t present themselves nearly as obviously because there are much fewer breakout scenarios triggered and the CPU doesn’t get breakout scenarios. But if you play in user leagues the amount of breakout scenarios triggered is just plain stupid, in season 4 we already have almost 300 superstar and x factor players in our league. It’s become nothing more than an arms race for abilities at this point, and some of them are so overpowered they just ruin the feel of the game. EA obviously didn’t test the whole ability system and scenario engine very extensively with online leagues in mind. If it gets to the point where even the community of my league isn’t enough to make up for how bad the experience is and I step down from it I probably won’t be purchasing the game anymore. They just haven’t done enough with franchise mode for me to justify the purchase just to play solo franchises.

While I don’t feel like there is a need in the forums for generic posts like this one I share in the OP’s frustration in that lately they do this every year for the game with patches. Which is funny because one of the big points they made in the pre-release new cycle was that they would be patching the game less to make sure each patch was implemented smoother and didn’t cause any unintended issues. But here we are this many months later and the game has been patched to all h*ll and plays quite a bit different than what we got at release. This is mostly from a user vs user and online league perspective, many that only play solo franchises may be having fun with this version. I know I was having a decent amount of fun with my solo ones, and if you put some house rules on yourself so you don’t just take advantage of the a.i. it can be a decent experience. But I spend a good portion of my time with Madden in online leagues and in my opinion with every patch the user experience has only gotten worse.