View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 04:44 PM   #8
ChaseB
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB The Show 20 Livestream Breakdown - Diamond Dynasty, Showdown, Team Affinity a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I dont mind so much if the Show becomes MLB Candy Crush, I just hate that it cant be all things to all people and Sony feels they cant advance the sim aspect like they can the arcade side of it. from a video game-makers view of it, it must be easier to create a game where you can make up the rules to fit what you are creating than it is to adhere to somebody else's preconceived expectation of how the game should be played, and they want to make money doing it.

there is such a fine line to straddle, it easy to venture off one way or the other. one can see how SDS doesn't want to just put out a roster update every year, so stuff that falls into the DD Candy Crush/ low hanging fruit side will be tempting to grab than putting more resources into stuff like franchise that wont yield nearly the profit. sometimes it's tough to be a minority but you still gotta push on.
The general point here I understand and relate to, but it's undeniable the way people play games has also changed, and that includes sports games. This is not to say if an amazing franchise mode was there it would not be played, but even the "best" franchise mode would not get the hours it would have in the past because it's just a bit of a different ecosystem out there. It's not even a value judgment it's just normal ebbs and flows of entertainment and happens to every medium. The way movies were made changes etc.