View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 01:16 PM   #7
KSUowls
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 21 Livestream - First Look at the Game & Some of the New

Finally watched the video for the Franchise First Look.

The video itself is pretty painful to get through (lots of audio issues), but there is some great content in there. They go a bit more into the scouting. The new scouting selection to have a player's stats affect scouting accuracy is pretty neat.

What really excited me though was the part on the draft. There is a lot more information coming to us now. We're no longer waiting for some arbirtary date to see the list of potential draftees. Seems like will always have access to the next couple of years of draft eligible players (high school freshmen advancing to sophomore then to junior, etc). This could help with formulating draft strategies each year.

The new mock draft also seems interesting. I'm not sure how useful it will actually be, but it could help with some user story lines.

The new prospect pipeline is also pretty neat. It looks like we're no longer limited to just seeing the top 100 overall prospects. We can expand that list, and even sort it to show top 100 out fielders or just the top prospects for a particular team. There is also more information like MLB ETA (can't remember if this was in older versions or not).

Absolutely love the sortable coaching screen. If they didn't add anything else this year then this alone would have sold me on it. I hated all the screens that I had to go through to look at a coach before. I often just left the minor league system to the AI. Even at the MLB level finding coaches just wasn't fun. I will definitely be invested in my entire organization this year.

Lots of great franchise changes to get excited about.