View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 03:09 PM   #19
ksuttonjr76
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K21 needs to be completely positionless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
No. You're wrong. It has nothing to do with "opinions." Read the post again, because you clearly didn't the first time. I literally wrote this exact sentence:

"A positionless system that prioritizes player attributes and complimentary skills would be much better, and would allow A.I./CPU teams to determine lineups based on team play style and player attributes that are valuable to mix into a lineup."

You can't create a made-up claim that I want a program for "opinions" when I explicitly stated attributes and complimentary skills. Check mate.
And you clearly don't understand computer and AI. You STILL have to assign some type of numerical value that the software understands. Computers don't run on common sense. Computers run on specific codes of programming to determine outcome with a sprinkle of RNG.

You take out positions then you create a situation where the AI determines that team A needs more three-point shooting based on percentages, and "logically" trades for Steph Curry. Without positions, Steph Curry could end up being your starting PF/C.

Real talk. Positionless basketball don't exist in the same manner that positionless jobs don't exist. There are "defined" roles and those defined roles are carried out by a defined title. If you initiate the offense and control the pace, you a damn point guard. You're not some random player on the court.